Thursday, August 1, 2013

Helaman 5:12




Helaman 5:12   12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon thearock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your bfoundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty cstorm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

Good Morning!
We had another awesome week this week! Earlier in the week when we met with our investigator, XXXXX, his dad was there and he wants to take the lessons now too! They are so awesome. So sincere. Just really awesome people. Then we taught XXXXX again, that 17 year old kid. He's doing so well. He's reading the Book of Mormon, he's keeping commitments, and he's loving what he's learning. The work goes so much smoother when the members are involved. Then on Friday we got a referral from the Centerton ward. This guy, XXXXX, is looking for a church to join and he met one of the members in Centerton and they referred him to us. He's sooo awesome. When we taught him the Restoration he was like, "how come nobody else knows about this!" It was so awesome. He was so excited to read the Book of Mormon. Then he was really excited to come to church! He called us the night before and made sure WE were coming to church haha. But to our dismay, he was a no show. We were so bummed. But we aren't giving up. We will be meeting with him again soon. Things are going so great right now. The work is really picking up. Please keep them in your prayers! :)

Elder Koetting and I are working together so well now. We are teaching in harmony and we get along very well. He's going to be such an amazing missionary. He's already so good! Light years ahead of where I was at his age haha. We are working so much more effective now. We aren't tracting as much and we are teaching a lot more. It's so much fun. We haven't gotten any more info on the use of internet but I'm sure more information is headed our way. This transfer is half way over now though! I can't believe how fast time is flying. I keep saying that but it's true! Time has never gone faster. I hate it so much.

The people here in the Bible belt are stubborn. It is hard to love them. But I do anyway. I love the OTM. And NWA! There are so many awesome people. This is the perfect mission for me. I'm encountering the trials I need and the challenges that make me stronger. I realized the other day how much I love this lifestyle. Of course I miss you all, and the people back home but I do not miss all the distractions back home. I've never done anything more fulfilling. I've never had such a righteous purpose in my life. I love it so much! If you are reading this and you don't know anything about the gospel or Jesus Christ you are missing out! Ask the missionaries! They are awesome!

Love you and miss you all!

Love,
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment