Monday, August 5, 2013

Isaiah 41:10


Isaiah 41:10  aFear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Hey!
SUCH a crazy week. How did you know we moved! Anyways, I will tell you the story.
Tuesday Elder Koetting and I had just left an appointment with a less active family when we saw that we had a missed call from President Shumway. So we called him back and he said "Elders, I'm gonna make your dreams come true." He then told us that we would be leaving Bentonville and going to Owasso Oklahoma, and we would be leaving in two days! And that the missionaries in Ranch Creek needed to emergency transferred out and we were going to be transferred in to Ranch Creek. So we packed our belongings, quickly said our goodbye's, and left for Owasso Thursday morning. We arrived to an area with no investigators. Elder Koetting and I got to work doing what we do best. It was a whirlwind several days only to find out Friday night that I am also the District Leader for the Owasso district now!

So, to recap Elder Koetting and my adventures together:  We were shotgunned into Bentonville Arkansas, 6 months out, my first time training and my second area. Then we were emergency transferred in the middle of our third transfer together (which is unusual on its own) only to shotgun a new area where I begin my first assignment as district leader.

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!

We are just gonna work our tails off and try to turn this area around. The members are super excited to have us here and we are excited to be here. We live in the Stake President’s home which is awesome. The area kind of combines Stockton and Bentonville, you’ve got your farmland as well as your super nice housing developments i.e. Nottingham Estates.

We are in a car share with the Elm Creek Elders which means we switch off every week with the car. So every other week we will be on bikes.

This work is so exciting and crazy right now. I love it. And I'm so glad to be going through all of this with Elder Koetting. He is such a champ.

Any questions?! haha

Love you all! 
Elder Sherwood


No comments:

Post a Comment