Monday, August 26, 2013

3 Nephi 11:11


3 Nephi 11:11   And behold, I am the alight and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter bcup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in ctaking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the dwill of the Father in all things from the beginning.

Good Morning Everyone!

Life is amazing right now. The work here in Owasso is really picking up. When I arrived here several weeks ago we had zero investigators. Not one person willing to learn about the Gospel! We worked so hard to make something happen here and it is paying off! We found SXXX, JXXXX, ZXXXX, CXXXX, the LXXXX's, and SXXXX! All people willing to hear our message. All people we are doing our best to help come closer to the Savior. I have a testimony of hard work. Literal blood, sweat, and tears. That is the only way to do missionary work. For me at least. I'm not smart enough to do it any other way! haha. All I try to do is my best. And the Lord HAS filled in the rest.

Elder Welburn is awesome. He's from the Salinas Valley in central California. I can't remember if I already told you that haha. He's a great missionary already! He is an amazing teacher and I learn things from him every day. He's pretty quiet, but what he says, he says with power. It's amazing.

We have been tracting a whole lot since we got here, and that is one of the most interesting things about missionary work. It's so interesting to see the different socioeconomic levels of neighborhoods and the relationship to their receptiveness to our message. Generally it’s the mid to lower class level neighborhoods that are the most receptive. They are humble. They are searching for things in their life. Things that are not material. They are the meek, the lowly. They are those who will inherit the earth. That is who we should all try to become. There is power in humility.

I feel so blessed for the opportunity to serve the people here in Oklahoma. There are so so so many good people here. It gives me hope for the human race to see so many good Christian people. You should hear the way they talk about California. It's not pretty haha. The gospel of Jesus Christ is real. It really helps us in our day to day lives. It really gives us strength. It really gives us comfort. And it is all made possible through His Atonement. He is the only way.

I hope my emails are enjoyable haha, If you have any questions about anything please write me! I will do my best to answer! :)

Gotta go! I love you all so much! I so much look forward to your letters! It seems that i always get them when we are having a rough day. They always lift me up :) thank you so much :) I will keep Sean in my prayers! :) Love you all!!! :)

Love,
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment