Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Luke 6:31


Luke 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Good Morning!
This week was great. On Thursday we went to transfer point at the Tulsa East Stake Center at 6:30 in the morning. I dropped off Elder Koetting and picked up my new companion and trainee. Elder Welburn. He's from California too! He lives in XXXXX, it's down in the Salinas Valley! I love getting the California kids haha. He's 19 he went to college at Chico State for a year before he came out here and he's awesome. He's quiet but he's an amazing missionary already. He is light years ahead of where I was when I first came out. He knows how to teach and talk with people. He's smart, obedient, and willing to work hard.

It's been kind of a rough week however because we are still trying to build the area. When we arrived there was literally no investigators. So we have just been trying to find some people to teach! We tract so much and find a lot of people that are interested. It's just really hard to follow up with them. People are busy we understand that, but this stuff is important!! Anyways, we will continue to do our best.

Have I told you about XXXX yet? XXXX is another investigator of ours that was being taught by the Sisters in Skiatook but he was  transferred over to us because he lives in our area. He's awesome, he's the boyfriend of this girl in the ward and he wants to be baptized. He reads the Book of Mormon and he loves learning about the Gospel. His girlfriend, XXXX, told us that after the lessons with us he always says "I just feel so good!" Learning about the gospel changes peoples lives for the better. I have seen it happen so many times. The gospel of Jesus Christ is real and it can help you. That’s why I love teaching people about it and helping them come closer to the Savior.

On Thursday we were able to give XXXX a tour of the chapel! He said that he would come to church on Sunday and we reminded him on Saturday, but he was a no show. I feel like this has been the story of my mission so far. I'm put in areas where nothing is happening and it's up to me and my companion to make something happen. It's so hard!!! Sometimes it’s so discouraging. But it makes it so much sweeter when you can look back at everything you've done and see all the progress that you were able to make. I know it's not my strength, or my smarts, or my skills in missionary work that make it all possible, because I don't have any. I know that the Lord is helping me. I know he can help us all through ANYTHING!!! It's true!! I've never had to rely on him more than on my mission because this work is so hard. But I know He's mindful of all of us and He wants to help us! 

I love you all!
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment