Monday, September 22, 2014

9/2/14



Good Morning! This week was a great week! It was super busy. We had transfers last Thursday which is always exciting. I don't know if I've explained how transfers work. There are 6 "stops" or transfer points around the mission and there is two transfer vans and a few cars that drive from stop to stop in a big loop around the mission. One loop leaves from Tulsa and goes north and the other goes south. And they cross each other's paths in Bentonville. So it's a pretty crazy transfer point. Zone Leaders are in charge of making sure everything is organized and people get where they need to go. So it's pretty hectic but it's really fun to see a lot of missionaries from around the zone.

We had another baptism this week. XXXXX was baptized last Tuesday. It was so awesome. She's been waiting years for that day. It was so cool. Baptism is a miracle to me. Seeing someone make that choice to be so committed to a Christlike life. It's a miracle every time that happens. And I'm so grateful I get to see people make that commitment!

Yesterday we had MLC or Mission Leadership Council. It was a great meeting. President Shumway instructed on the Doctrine of Christ. Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. It's amazing how often we live these principles. Every day we go through this process. Or we should be going through this process. If we're not they we've got a problem. But every day we should be exercising faith in the Savior and repenting or changing. We should be enduring to every end. To the end of every day, wherever we are we should be living the Gospel. Things are going great in Bella Vista. I'm so happy with where I am and with the things that are happening. I love my companion, I love this area, I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I love all of you! 

Love, 
Elder Sherwood

This is me with President and Sister Shumway. I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment