Monday, September 22, 2014

D & C 138:56


9/15 
Good Morning! This week was great! Thanks for the pumpkin chocolate chip bread! Such a sweet taste of home. And Thanks for the ties. I've gotten a lot of compliments on them so good work :) haha. This week was pretty busy. We went to the Bentonville District Training Meeting on Wednesday and we had exchanges with the Elders in Pea Ridge on Friday. I had Elder Slack here in Bella Vista. It was a good day. It's always fun to work with another missionary for a day. You get to learn new things and it's an awesome opportunity to teach and help other missionaries. Also, Bella Vista is preparing for an Open House of the new chapel they built in Bella Vista recently. We've only been in the building for like 4 weeks. It's so awesome. The evening after the open house, there is a community concert and Elder McReynolds and I are singing in the Choir for that concert! It's awesome. I'll try to record the songs we sing with my camera or something so you can see it someday. 
The work in Bella Vista is still going well. I think I have told you about XXXX. She is an investigator that we started teaching a couple weeks ago. She has a baptismal date for October 4th! She is awesome. Her neighbors, the Daltons, are members of the church here and they invited her over for dinner one night with us. And we've been teaching her ever since. She is so awesome, she wants to share what she's learning with everyone! She's gave us a referral for her daughter who is in prison in Springfield! And she wants us to meet her mother in law and some other family members! It's been so cool to teach her about Jesus Christ and His Gospel. And to see it work in her life. She is changing for the better! 
The next few weeks are going to be crazy! In a couple weeks we have MLC in Tulsa and another Zone Training meeting then it will be general conference! Which I'm really excited for. I'm just going to open my heart and mind and let the revelation flow in! I love being a missionary. I love serving the Lord and the people here in the NWA. I love and miss all of you! :)

Love,
Elder Sherwood
 
We can't tell you how much we appreciate the families in Elder Sherwood's mission!  They take such good care of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment