Monday, June 24, 2013

Alma 56: 47 - 48

(e-mail & pictures from June 17th)

Alma 56: 47-48

 47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the aliberty of their bfathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their cmothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
 48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their amothers, saying: We bdo not doubt our mothers knew it.



Good Morning!

This week was pretty sweet. We struggled with out key indicators (number totals) this week but that’s ok. We are working so hard. And we are super pumped for this next week. Elder XXXX and I have decided to make it our best week thus far. We'll see how it goes.

This week it was HOT! so hot. I'm not even sure what the temperature was but the humidity kills. The air is just wet, like a bathroom after a hot shower. And we bike around all day in that hot, damp, muggy air. It’s awesome. We have ridden over 800 miles in the past 9 weeks. Elder XXXX is such a champ, I love working with him. I'm scared for this upcoming transfer call because chances are that we will be split up. I don't want to leave Bentonville but we train our replacements. I'll go wherever the Lord calls me.

XXXX is doing awesome, she's still stressed over moving and family struggles but she is really progressing. She loves everything that we teach her. She has even told us that she feels a difference in her life. She's happier. It really is that simple. The gospel makes people happier. We are teaching another lady named XXXX, she is a super nice older lady from the Philippines. She's also a 7th day Adventist. She's very set in her ways and somewhat knowledgeable about the bible. It's fun teaching her. We are teaching another family, the XXXXs. They are a family who has been investigating the church for several years now. They are so awesome and they love missionaries. They know the church is true. They just won't admit it. I just thought I would tell you a little bit about just a few of the people we are teaching. Keep them in your prayers :)

I'm so grateful to be serving a mission. It amazes me that 8 months have already gone by. 1/3 of my mission is over. I really feel a sense of urgency now. It makes me want to work harder all the time. I can barely put in to words how much I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. To quote Dieter F. Uchtdorf quoting St. Francis Assisi: "Preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words." The gospel is something we live, something we exemplify. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that he loves us. And if we do our best to follow him, we will be happy. Love you all so much.

Elder Sherwood

Elder Sherwood's District in Bentonville

 "A crawfish boil that we went to. All that stuff on the table is like these little miniature lobsters basically. They are called crawfish. Super wierd. Super delicious."

A little basketball in the apartment


"Is this how you eat a mango correctly? We can't figure it out."

"We took that picture on a day where we biked all the way across our area to this little neighborhood on top of a mountain to tract it."


No comments:

Post a Comment