Monday, June 24, 2013

1 Thessalonians 5:16


1 Thessalonians 5:16
 aRejoice evermore.


Morning! How are y'all doing?! This week was awesome. We taught 18 lessons and taught 61% of them with a member present. The Standard of Excellence for our Mission is 20 lessons and 60% member present. We had 7 exchanges with members this week. We worked hard and smart. It was awesome.

The meeting last night was so awesome wasn't it!!! We were all super excited to hear about how we will be able to use EVERY tool available now. Missionaries have talked about how the use of social networking could benefit missionary work and now it's finally happening! Also, the guided tours of our chapels was pretty sweet!! I'm excited for that haha. I was also so happy to hear the Bretheren's counsel on full time missionaries and members working in harmony together. I'm so excited to see how this all plays out. I know the ward here in Bentonville is very proactive and will implement any new counsel or policy very effectively. I really hope I don't get transferred.

We have transfer calls this Saturday. Another transfer gone. Time is going way to fast. And with all the new missionaries and new areas it's very unlikely that Elder XXXX and I will stay together in Bentonville. But who knows! Pray that the Lord will put me (or keep me) where I'm needed :).

XXXX is really having a hard time with moving. She's super stressed about it and she won't let us help her! We pretty much beg her to let us help but she won't let us! She's so funny. Another one of our investigators, XXXXX, is a 7th day Adventist. Pretty sure I've told y’all about her. This week we had a great lesson with her. We brought our ward mission leader, Brother XXXX. It was a very spiritually powerful lesson. She committed to read a chapter of the Book of Mormon, we hope she has a change of heart. Keep her in your prayers as well :) I know they've helped XXXX.

Serving in the Bible belt is not easy. We get so much opposition every day. Seeing the confusion and contention that has arisen from thousands of years of apostasy is strengthening my testimony of the restored gospel. I know the Book of Mormon is exactly what it claims to be. And I am so grateful for it. There is no greater work in the world. Share it with everyone!!

Love, Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment