Monday, February 4, 2013

Hey!!


Good Morning!

How is everyone! Hope all is well at home in Walnut Creek.

This week was pretty good. It's been pretty challenging working here
in Stockton with a new companion. He's still getting to know the area,
the members and the investigators. So I'm feeling a lot of pressure to
keep the work moving along smoothly here. One of the biggest
challenges we have out here is finding people to teach. I love
teaching people about the gospel and helping them come unto Christ,
but we can't do that if we don't have anyone to teach. I'm not saying
we don't have anyone to teach because we do. We are teaching a lot of
people. Just saying, I wish we were teaching more.

One person I'm really excited about is XXXXX,s dad, XXXXX. For
years he has been completely against anything religious. His brother
XXXXX, has made it known to us how
much of a miracle this is. Ever since we started teaching XXXXX, his
dad, XXXXX, has been at every lesson, and engaged in every discussion.
Yesterday he came to church for the first time in 10 years. He
recently finished reading the Book of Mormon, and is almost done with
the Doctrine and Covenants. I love his sincerity and how he talks
about how he is recognizing the quiet hand of the Lord working in his
life and the still small voice stirring in his heart. I feel so
blessed to be able to help him along this path. Keep him in your
prayers.

Scripture: Mosiah 13:9
I love this scripture because Abinadi, facing his imminent
destruction, knows what he has been sent to do, and will finish His
will. He knows that little impact will be made in the hearts of those
who hear his message. But he knows that God has sent him with a
purpose. And he is determined to fulfill that purpose. Even if he
brings, save but one soul unto Him. It matters not. I love his
determination and diligence. And I strive to have the same attitude in
my work.

I'm glad I have the chance to put these words in writing. I know that
God is our loving Heavenly Father. I know that Christ lives, loves us,
and knows our pain. I know the Book of Mormon is true. And I know it
will improve the life of anyone who seeks with sincerity, for it's
truthfulness. I love being a missionary.

Gotta go! Love you all so much! Looking forward to your letters!

Have a good week! Love you! Miss you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment