Sunday, February 17, 2013

Good Morning!!


(Oops, I didn't get this posted last Tuesday!! Mandy)

Good Morning!

How are you all!? I love coming to the library every monday and
writing you guys a letter. I love telling you all about what I've been
up to and hearing from you all a little bit too. This week was not
bad. Better than last week I'd say. I'm slowly improving and becoming
more comfortable with planning and leading everything. It's
ridiculously difficult. But rewarding and fun. I would never have
imagined myself a year ago with the same abilities I have now.
Knocking on doors, talking with strangers, most of which want nothing
to do with you, trying to share something with them that has changed
my life and has helped me more than I can even put into words.
Planning a full day of meaningful work (or at least doing my best to
accomplish that). Teaching lessons about the Gospel, about Christ,
about the Plan of Salvation, about the scriptures. I love teaching and
I love this work. My companion and I still get along really well. And
we work well together in lessons and finding people to teach.

XXXXX's dad, XXXXX, was sick this Sunday, so it's been a while
since we've seen him. It made me sad, but I'm still so excited to help
him through this process, and to receive the same joy and happiness
that our family has experienced.

You guys asked a lot of questions in your letters this past week, and I
was going to answer them all, but I forgot to bring the letters :/
...... sorry.

Scripture:
John 9:1-3
This man was not blind for any wrong he or his parents committed. He
was blind so that the God could be glorified through this miracle. So
that Christ could heal him. We must live our lives in a way that
glorifies God. Live our lives so that we can be a vessel for miracles.
So that the works of God may be made manifest in our works.

D&C 35:13-14
13 Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are
unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of the
Spirit;
14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their
buckler; and will gird up the loins, and they shall fight manfully for
me: and their enemies shall be under their feet: and I will let fall
the sword in their behalf,  and by the fire of mine indignation will I
preserve them.

I found this scripture in a time of much needed guidance and support.
As a missionary, many times you feel unlearned and despised, but if
you are obedient and diligent, God will be your strength.

Being a missionary is awesome. So hard. But so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment