Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year's Eve!


Hello everyone!

Taylor I finally got your email! haha. Such a funny story. I'm glad people you know are asking about my mission. Hopefully that’s a good missionary opportunity for you! 

So this week was pretty sweet. We had Christmas Eve and Christmas which were really fun days. Christmas with the XXXXXs was really fun and so nice to be around families. It made me feel right at home. I'm so grateful for the XXXXXs, this would be a lot harder if it weren't for them. They really make the missionaries feel like family. I love them. They're so great. 

We got another baptismal date this week! From XXXXX! He is getting baptized on January 5th! So this weekend! He told us that date and inside we both kinda freaked out because we still have a lot to teach him and there is a lot that needs to get done before the baptism. He had his interview from our district leader on Saturday which went very well. I'm so excited for him and this new step he's taking. I'm speaking about baptism at his baptismal service so I will send you that talk next week hopefully. 

XXXXX had to change the date of her baptism because her dad isn't always in town. He works in XXXXX. So her new date could possibly be sometime in February, which means I could possibly be transferred to a new area before her baptism! That would be such a bummer. 

On Friday we had a Christmas Conference with a few Zones in this area of the mission. It went all day and for the first part we played some games and watched a "talent" show. Then in the afternoon we heard talks from our President and his wife as well as from other missionaries from the area. It was an awesome conference. 

I wanted to share these scriptures with you because they are so powerful. It's 2 Nephi 4:33-35. This chapter is sometimes called the Psalms of Nephi because he is basically pouring his heart out to the Lord. It's such a beautiful chapter and these verses are really awesome. 

So I keep meeting Sherwoods out here! Everyone I meet asks me if I'm related to the Sherwoods from Arizona. And I want to know once and for all if we are related! I doubt it because they came from Salt Lake and they have a background in the church but ya never know. So if you could maybe see if we have some very distant relatives from Arizona, that would be much appreciated!

We are going to Springfield today with the XXXXXs because it's our Preparation day and we never do anything on preparation day. You can do fun stuff like go to museums, malls, that kinda stuff. So we wanted to do something fun because usually we are just stuck here.

I can’t wait to see the pictures you sent.

Ok I gotta go! Can't wait for your letters! Love you all so much! Have a good day! Miss you! Keep praying for missionary experiences! 

No comments:

Post a Comment