Monday, December 17, 2012

Bonjour ma famille!


How are you all?! I'm doing fantastic. It's the first day of the new transfer. Can you believe that I've already been here for a whole transfer! And on a mission for almost 2 and a half months! I can't believe it. I'm grateful every day for every second I spend out here serving the Lord. 

We have spent a lot of time tracting recently and I came across this scripture that seemed fairly relevant to the activity.

Hebrews 13:2 - "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: thereby some may have entertained angels unawares."

Please don't assume that I am calling myself an angel, because I'm not. I think that it's just a good reminder for us all to realize the impact we have on the lives of everyone we come in contact with. Everyday we interact with people. As members of the church we have a very important responsibility. Our lives may be the only scripture some people will every read. It's crucial that we show forth a righteous example in all we do and to every person we come in contact with. Because you never know who could be watching. 

With this new transfer, I finally feel like I kinda know what’s going on. I'm getting better at teaching, studying, planning, etc. I'm getting more and more confident with everything we do as missionaries. We have been working hard. But I want to work harder! That's all I want to do. To serve the Lord with all my "heart, might, mind and strength". I love being a missionary and I love having such a defined purpose in my life. 

This week we taught XXXXX, a girl who is changing her life, on her own accord. It’s amazing. It's amazing that she found the strength the do the things she is doing. She began coming to church with her cousins who are members. She began reading the Book of Mormon on her own. She prays every day. All without us!! Now we are here to teach her the doctrine and to help her on her way to gaining her own conversion. It’s such a strong testimony to the power of the Holy Ghost and it's influence of the lives of "honest seekers of truth". 

I'm so grateful for these "honest seekers of truth".  I love to see the change that happens in their lives. Always for the better. It’s amazing what the Spirit can do. Like Ammon says: "I do not boast in my own strength... I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in His strength I can do all things." I know this is true. I know that I am weak. But I know when we are obedient and faithful and willing to do all that we can, we can do all things.

Well I gotta go! I love you all so much!  I look forward to your letters!!!! 
I hope you all have a great week full of missionary experiences!! Keep looking for them! They happen all the time!! 

Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment