Monday, December 3, 2012

Bienvenidos


Alright so this week was a pretty good week. It started out on Tuesday with Zone Conference. It was a really good conference. We heard from President Shumway and Sister Shumway a few times (The conference was all day long pretty much). We also heard from the Assistants. It was also REALLY sweet because I got to see Elder XXXXX, Elder XXXXX, and Sister XXXXX! Three missionaries from my MTC district! It was so fun to see them and talk to them about their experiences so far.

Here's a couple scriptures I wanted to share:
Matthew 10: 39 - Get lost in the work. 
Matthew 13:1 - I just loved this image. I also love everything that comes after it.

Recently, Elder XXXXX and I have been stressing out about getting the ward involved and excited about missionary work. So I have been thinking a lot about ways we can do this. So I would like to invite YOU to do something. I know the Lafayette ward is amazing when it comes to missionary work, but I'm sure the missionaries can always use more help. I would like to invite you, to invite someone over for a family home evening, where the missionaries can teach a short lesson or thought. Anyone who has expressed some sort of interest in learning about our religion. Which is almost everybody. I know you all have friends that want to know more, but might not know how to ask or what to ask. Just find a way to get them in to our home and have them feel the Spirit. I promise if you do this the Lord will bless you and those you share the Gospel with. 

This is my goal for my mission - When people look at missionaries, they see two Elders or Two sisters that can do anything. They see two Elders or two sisters that know everything. 5 minutes before sacrament meeting and a speaker didn't show up. Who can fill in? The missionaries. We need a musical number right now. Missionaries. We need someone to clean and fill up the font. Missionaries. Let me tell you something, missionaries are human too. We can't do everything, we get stressed, we don't know everything. But I am going to be that missionary. I will be the missionary that can do everything, that knows everything, even when I can't or when I don't. Because that's what it takes to be an exceptional missionary. I remember when I was a little kid, the missionaries were super heroes to me. And that's what I want to be. 

And about my AWE boots, I need some good work boots for the service we do out here. It's like I'm a general contractor. I've done framing, sanding walls, painting, mudding and texture. Then we've also made feed for cows, split tree trunks with a hydraulic wood splitter, put in barb wire fencing. This is the real deal out here. We aren't raking leaves and pulling weeds that’s for sure. It's awesome.

I would also like to share this poem with you. I really liked it so I memorized it. :)

Stick to a task till it sticks to you
Beginners are many but enders are few
Honor, Power, Place and Praise
will come in time to the one who stays

Stick to a task till it sticks to you
bend at it sweat at it smile at it too
for out of the bend and the sweat and the smile
will come life’s victories after a while

Have you checked out Mormon.org/Christmas! Share it with your friends! It’s awesome!

I love you all so much!! :) thanks for all you do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment