Monday, August 25, 2014

Ether 12:27

August 18, 2014


Good Morning! This week was awesome! We had Zone Training meeting. It was an awesome meeting. We gave the zone a lot of good things to work on. Sorry I forgot to email you the flow chart again, I will send you a copy soon though! 

Cool things that happened: We have been encouraged by President Shumway to spend a lot of time of family history recently so we can help people learn about their family history. A few days ago I traced our line all the way back to Adam and Eve! That was sweet. I'm sure it's not super reliable but that’s okay. It was still pretty awesome. I found a line of Kings of Troy too. Also, I've been trying to fill some holes in our tree. I've been able to find some people that didn't have parents attached to them. So I've been working on merging records and finding parents for people. It’s been so awesome! I can't find anybody to do temple work for though! You guys are too good at family history it looks like haha. 

On Saturday I spent the day in Oklahoma City at the temple with XXXXX. The kid that Elder Koetting and I baptized last year in Bentonville. THAT was awesome. He has come SOOO far this past year. It’s been awesome to see how the gospel has changed his life. He still has a lot to work on just like the rest of us but he is doing so well. That’s why I like the scripture that I put in the subject line so much. We all have weaknesses. But for good reason! The Lord gives us weakness so that we are humble. So that we ask Him for help. So he can make us stronger! If we had no weaknesses, no trials, it would be too easy to feel like we don't need the Lord. And we wouldn't rely on Him. We would do everything on our own. But that’s not the way it works. We have to rely on Him. We have to go to him, humbly and ask for strength. And when we do that, we are letting Him in to our life, willingly. So that He can build us up in to something so much stronger and better than what we were before. I love the gospel plan that He has given us and that his Son taught us. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to teach people about it. I love you all so much! 

Love,
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment