Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August 12, 2014

"This is a picture of Elder Van Woerkom, Blake Pesigan, and me. Blake is the kid Elder Koetting and I baptized last year in Bentonville. And that is a mission call in Blake's hand. Such a cool experience."

 

"This picture is a product of slow shutter speed and glow sticks."  OTM - Oklahoma Tulsa Mission



"This is a picture of me at MLC with all the elders I came out with who are Zone Leaders now."



Good Morning! This week was awesome! We had so much going on. We had exchanges with the Assistants which went great and we also did a ton of planning for Zone Training Meeting which happened yesterday! That was an awesome meeting! We made some really cool things for our zone to use. One thing we made for them was something we call the Work Smart Flow Chart. I'll try to send you a copy so you can see what we did. We felt really strongly like we needed to talk with our Zone about working more effectively. So we did a lot of thinking and praying about how we could help the zone do that. We came up with all the most effective ways to work/find people to teach as a missionary. And we developed a flow chart that helps missionaries decide what to do when they are stuck. And we made it so it starts with the most effective things first. It's really hard to explain. I'll just send you a copy so you can see it. The zone is doing really well. I love being around all these missionaries. They are a great example to me and they make me want to be the best missionary that I can be. 

Today XXXXX, one of our investigators is getting her baptismal interview!  We are really excited about that. So is she! This baptism has been a long time coming for her. Like 10 years long time coming. She will be baptized on the 26th of August. Also, the XXXXX are doing really well! They will have their baptismal interview coming up next week. They are really excited about it too! They are so awesome. I love the passion that XXXX has for the gospel. She inspires me to be better!  I'm so grateful that I've had the opportunity to serve here in this part of the country. There are so many people that have such a strong faith in Christ. And it is an amazing example to me. I love it. I have developed such a strong Faith in the Savior because of their example. People here are just happy. And it's because no matter what happens to them, they know that God lives, that Jesus Christ lives and loves them. And that through Him they can overcome any trial. I know that’s true. I've seen it so many times. I love being a missionary. I love serving the Lord. And I love all of you! :)

Love,
Elder Sherwood


No comments:

Post a Comment