Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Mosiah 3:19


June 16, 2014

This week was a crazy week. We had MLC in Tulsa on Monday and Tuesday, an exchange with the Cassville Elders on Wednesday and Thursday, and a Zone training meeting Friday with a road trip to Fort Smith! It was a crazy busy week but it was awesome as usual. MLC was great. Elder Van and I instructed on Listening. Our mission is focusing a lot on becoming better teachers. And part of teaching is listening to people. Preach My Gospel has a section on listening that we instructed from. But to demonstrate our points we began the instruction with a discussion on why it's important to be good listeners. We asked a question to the group called on people to answer and then proceeded to be the worst listeners imaginable. We would ignore the person talking, talk to each other, flip through pages of notes, call on other people while someone was still talking etc. It was funny, and it got the point across. We don't ignore each other here, why would we ignore our investigators while they are talking. If you're not a missionary it might be hard to imagine that scene, but I think most missionaries understand what it takes to be a good listener. It's hard! So that was fun. 
I went on an exchange in Cassville on Wednesday.  Isn't that funny? Y’all had no idea that on Wednesday I was in Cassville Missouri doing missionary work. And then on Friday we drove an hour and a half to Fort Smith Arkansas. It's just funny to think about all of this objectively. We're two 20 year old guys traveling around Northwest Arkansas preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's so AWESOME! 
Anyways, zone training meeting on Friday was awesome. I won't bore you with details about the instruction. It was just a good meeting. There was an emergency transfer in our zone, so we had to transfer one of the elders here down to Fort Smith, that’s why we drove down there. I got to see Elder Koetting down there though! That was awesome. I miss that kid. He's so funny. I can't wait to see him after we are both home from our missions. 
Anyways, I'm really grateful for this opportunity. I love serving a mission. I love being a missionary. I love preaching the gospel. God lives, and he loves us. I love all of you too! :) 

love,
Elder Sherwood





No comments:

Post a Comment