Tuesday, July 8, 2014

John 14:27

Us in the car is just us cruis'n in our Grand Caravan. Coolest mission car ever.

                Just a typical scene on a Sunday night for zone leaders.   We were just collecting indicators (numbers) from the district leaders.


June 30, 2014



Good Morning! How are y’all doing?! 



This week was a good week. Nothing to crazy or exciting happened. I was on exchange in the Little Flock area in Rogers. It was a long rainy day of walking. That area doesn't have a car so we were on foot most of the day. I loved it though. This week was just a week of normal missionary work. It's crazy what normal is to me now. Normal for me is teaching people out here in Northwest Arkansas about Jesus Christ. Normal for me is always doing something, never stopping. Normal for me is always thinking about other people and how to help them develop a relationship with God and with Jesus Christ and with the Holy Ghost. It's not normal for all of that stuff to be normal. And I love it! 



Elder Van Woerkom and I have been thinking and discussing a lot lately about the principle of getting along with other people. Something I've noticed on my mission is how much people like to talk about themselves. It's kind of a sad reality, but it's true! People love to talk about themselves! The best way to get along with other people, to make real friends is to be genuinely interested in others. If we would all just forget ourselves and start being interested in other people the world would be much happier. It's really a Christlike attribute if you think about it. How would Jesus Christ carry on a conversation with you. I can't picture him talking your ear off, spilling all of His problems on to you. I think he would be genuinely interested in YOU. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's the best way to live your life. There is literally no other way to find the greatest happiness in this life. I love the gospel because it's principles are true principles that can be applied to every day life. We exercise faith in every thing we do, every step we take is an act of faith. Repentance, changing, becoming better, improving day by day, forgiving, being forgiven. These aren't just ideas that only work in a spiritual realm. These are real, matter of fact, fundamental principles of a happy life. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to learn about it and to teach it to others. I love Jesus Christ. And I love all of you! :) 



Hope you liked my sermon haha. 



Love,

Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment