Monday, September 30, 2013

Moroni 7:47


Moroni 7:47  But acharity is the pure blove of Christ, and it endurethcforever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.

Good Morning! This week was awesome! We taught 22 lessons, XXXXX came to church, and we picked up 3 new investigators! The first new investigator is XXXXX. We tracted in to him earlier in the week and when he came out and started talking to us he started crying! He told us about how his mom died two years ago and he has been having a really really hard time dealing with it. So he invited us back. We had our first lesson with him on Thursday, we invited him to be baptized on October 19 and he accepted the invitation! He has some obstacles that he has to overcome before he is ready to be baptized but we will do our best to help him. Please keep him in your prayers! 

The next new investigator is the XXXXX family. We tracted into them the same day (same street) we met XXXXX. Turns out their daughter used to be taught by the missionaries. She passed away unexpectedly earlier this year however. When we knocked on the door and started talking to her father, he also started crying and told us how they had really been struggling and the had been thinking about going and talking to a preacher or something and they would love to have us come over and help them though this hard time. We had our first lesson with them on Saturday and we taught them about the Plan of Salvation. We talked about what is happening with their daughter and how they can find peace and joy and comfort through this terribly difficult time in their life. 

Then the third new investigator was XXX and XXX XXXXX. A younger couple that really just loves to study religion. We met with them on Saturday also. We taught them about the Restoration. Their concern of course is not uncommon. Probably the most common concern we get down here is the idea that "God's grace is sufficient" aka "you can't work your way in to heaven". Unfortunately no matter how many times we try to explain the doctrine of grace, the conversation goes nowhere. 

Ya, it was a good week! And now the new transfer begins! I love being district leader! The first night all the new missionaries got to their areas I called all my areas and got to know each one of the missionaries a little bit. And just to let them know that I'm here and that I want to help them with whatever they need help with. I love that part of being a district leader!

This Wednesday I have my first District Training Meeting as District Leader. I have to instruct our district, which consists of 3 sisters in Elm Creek, 2 Sisters in Claremore, and 2 Elders in Pryor, on the fundamentals of missionary work! I started planning some of the stuff that I will be training on this Wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes next week! 

Life at the Johnson home is pretty good too! I'm pretty excited to wake up Sunday morning and make some beignets or scones or whatever and watch some General Conference! I'm so excited. General Conference is so awesome as a missionary. We are hoping to have some investigators watching this conference! 

This has been such a wild ride. The funniest, weirdest, most awkward, coolest, happiest, and most spiritually uplifting moments happen out here. I love serving a mission. I love serving the Lord. I know that he lives and that he Loves us. I now he hears our prayers. I know that the Lord has called a Prophet on the earth today that helps to lead and guide this church. And I know that this is the Lords church again established on the earth. It is the most important message in the world. I am humbled every day to have the opportunity to share it. 

I love you all! 

Love,
Elder Sherwood 


No comments:

Post a Comment