Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Philippians 4:13


Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through aChrist which bstrengtheneth me.

Good Morning! This week was a pretty good week. Nothing too crazy or super eventful happened. We taught our new investigator, XXXXX, again last night. She's awesome. She's not a huge talker which makes things somewhat challenging. The last thing we want to do is just sit there and talk at people for half an hour. The whole exchange works best when a discussion or a dialogue is happening between us and the investigator or who ever it is that we are teaching. So we are working on figuring out how to discern what her needs and concerns might be. It's gonna take lots of study and prayer but it's ok, that's what its all about right? 

XXXXX is still doing awesome, he's still going to seminary and trying to go to church when he can. I told him a couple weeks ago that I was looking for some cheap basketball shoes. So last night at the XXX’s house, he was there, and he gave me these beautiful brand new nike hyperdunks! He said his coach gave them to him last year, he wore them once, didn't like them, so they've just been sitting in his closet for a year now. So he gave them to me! He is so awesome. Just shows what kind of a person he is. Such a great guy.

On Thursday we had a crazy night tracting. We went to this neighborhood that we hadn't been to in a while, and we starting knockin doors. The first guys we talked to was really friendly, listened to our message, then when we went to give him a Book of Mormon, we realized we didn't have any. So we said we would come back later to give him one. This same thing happened at the next four houses! So we have all these great potentials to follow up with now. One lady said that she was actually searching for a church. We told her how our purpose is just to help people come closer to Jesus Christ and to teach them about his gospel and to overcome their trials and challenges. She said that was part of the reason that she moved out here was to get away from some things she was struggling with. She kept saying stuff like "this is really good timing guys". She was amazed that we had just shown up at her door to help her with what she was struggling with. I really love doing this. I love helping people! I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and that He loves us and is mindful of us. In every trial that we go through, he is always ready to aid us. I cant imagine living without that knowledge. The burden's of life are made easier to bare through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

This week we got transfer calls! We are both staying here in Ranch Creek. But I will be district leader again. Sorry I don't think I mentioned this last transfer but I was only the district leader for those two weeks when we first got emergency transferred here. So for the past transfer I've just been training. But now I will be training and I will be the district leader again. Which means I will be in charge of collecting key indicators (numbers) every week, running and instructing our district training meetings, and conducting baptismal interviews. Among other responsibilities to uplift and strengthen the missionaries in my district of course. It's awesome. Lovin it. 

I love you all so much! 
Love,
Elder Sherwood 

No comments:

Post a Comment