Thursday, October 10, 2013

2 Nephi 9:43


2 Nephi 9:43  43 But the things of the wise and the aprudent shall be bhid from them forever—yea, that happiness which is prepared for the saints.

Good Morning! This week was sweeeet! We are currently as a district trying to achieve the standard of excellence (20 lessons, 60% member present) and this week we got so close. One area in the district got the standard. The rest of us were really close. In a couple of weeks our whole zone is going to try to get the standard. Every area. It would be a mission record if every area could acheive that standard. Good things are happening. The work is hastening.

I had my first district meeting as a district leader last Wednesday. It was awesome! I can't believe how much I've changed. I used to freak out about teaching Sunday school back home but now I love getting up there a teaching! It was sweet! I gave some sweet instruction on the Book of Mormon and how it answers questions of the soul. That was just one piece of instruction I did. I instructed/trained for almost 2 hours on other topics! haha! I don't have to come up with everything for the whole two hours, president usually has something he wants the district leaders to instruct on during those meetings.

(sorry we don't have a ton of time today so I'm trying to go pretty quick here)

As district leader my responsibilities are to watch out for the temporal and spiritual wellbeing of the missionaries in my district. I do this by contacting them all throughout the week and just talking to them, getting to know them, and asking if there is anything I can do for them. To instruct during district meeting, to collect key indicators (numbers) at the end of the week and report them to the zone leaders, and just to be the best example of a servant of Christ that I can possibly be!

Elder Welburn and I have been doing great work here in Owasso. We keep finding more and more people that want to learn more about our message. Seriously, the work is hastening, and if you aren't along for the ride then you are missing out! People are prepared everywhere, all around us. To be completely honest, the world is a terribly place, and there are people that fear for their families, their children. The gospel of Jesus Christ can bring peace, and hope in this life and in the life to come. I see it all the time! It's so awesome.

On another note! In 3 days I will have been out for 1 year!! It's crazy. This has been the fastest, funnest, hardest, weirdest, most awesome year of my life. I can't believe what serving a mission does to you. It really is a wild ride. I've never felt closer to the Savior in my life. He's real. He really does know us. He knows what we go through. And He wants to help! Its so awesome. Too often in this life do we get in His way! If we would just humble ourselves and have faith in him, and trust Him, the blessings and strength that He can give to us is unimaginable. I know this is true! I love you all so much for your love and support!

Love,
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment