Tuesday, April 22, 2014

4/21/14 Alma 37:37


Alma 37:37  Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for bgood; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the cmorning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.


Good Morning everyone! I hope you enjoy that picture I just sent haha :) There's a funny story there haha.  (picture below)

Oh hey! We got transfer calls this past Saturday! I found out that I will be leaving the Springdale Zone and I'm headed 20 minutes up the road to be a Zone Leader for the Rogers Arkansas Zone with Elder Van Woerkem! haha! I'm so excited! i'm going back to Rogers. That’s the zone that has Bentonville 2nd ward in it. The ward I served in last summer with Elder Koetting. I'm soooo excited. Belle Vista is the area I will be serving in. I know Elder Van Woerkem pretty well already. He's been in Rogers for a couple transfers, and I've served around him a lot on my mission. I'm really excited. Really sad to be leaving the Springdale Zone and the Har-Ber Ward but really excited to be going back to the Rogers Zone. 

Anyways this week was great! Yesterday was a good Easter Sunday. I got to speak in church yesterday. I spoke about Grace and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love speaking in church. I want to send it to you but I also kind of don't want to because I'm going to use a lot of the material I used in this talk for my homecoming talk. But I don't know. We'll see. 

Anyways, the XXXXs came to church yesterday. A family that wants to investigate the church but the dad is always out at the oil fields for like months at a time. So it's tough. But they are such an awesome family. They are so kind and the love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Hopefully we will get to teach them someday soon. XXXXX wasn't able to make it to church yesterday, she was out of town. But we taught her on Wednesday this past week and she is still doing good! 

I'm so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I've been thinking about it ALOT lately. I mean that’s all we teach people so I think about it a lot anyways, but especially with it being Easter. I love Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for His life and His example. This life is too hard to go through on our own. We all make mistakes that we cannot fix on our own. We might think that we can and we might try, but at the end of the day, we need the Grace that Jesus Christ has to offer us. And He is always there, always willing. We just have to have Faith in him. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission and to serve the Lord. I love this work and I love all of you! 

Love,
Elder Sherwood 

Yes, this is Elder Sherwood with Jim Bob Duggar (19 Kids and Counting television show.)   The family lives in Elder Sherwood's area.  He and his companion received a media referral to visit the family.  It so happens that people send made up referrals for the Duggar family often.  Elder Sherwood said Mr. Duggar came out to talk to them and was very nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment