Tuesday, December 24, 2013

John 4:14


 John 4:14  But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never athirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water bspringing up into ceverlasting life.

This week was awesome! I love Springdale Arkansas. I'm so happy to be back in Arkansas. I love this state. It's literally the best kept secret in the United States. Like who has ever even heard of Arkansas ya know?! I could definitely live here someday. Elder Stapley is the best missionary that I've ever met. He's 26 and he only has two transfers left! I love it so much. This area is doing so well right now. We have two baptisms set up for Thursday and we have a couple other people with baptismal dates. Also this week we found two families! One family of 5 with three teenage kids that really want to learn more about our message and another family of 4. They are so awesome. We met that second family last night tracting.



Being a Zone Leader is awesome. We haven't done a whole lot yet, just helping missionaries in our zone with random questions that they have or permission for stuff and collecting key indicators last night and reporting to the assistants. This is the first time basically since I was trained that I have been with a missionary that has more experience than me. It's awesome. I've learned so much already from him. Elder Stapley is so awesome. He is super knowledgeable about missionary work and he just knows how to get things done! I have been so blessed on my mission I can't believe it. I've had the best areas the best companions the best districts. I'm back in the same district with Elder Koetting haha. It's so awesome. I've seen him a lot since I've been here and it's so cool to see how much he has improved. It makes me proud to be his trainer haha :)



 We decided, because of all the stuff that happened this past week in the country, to canvas the neighborhood by the church with copies of The Family: A Proclamation to the World. The family is under attack in society today. Seriously this part of the country knows what’s up. That document is Prophetic on all accounts. 18 years ago when it was issued it was almost superfluous. But it now stands as God's standard on the family. God's standard. The same God that is referred to by our founding fathers. I would invite everyone that reads this to read that proclamation and live by it's principles. Sorry I could keep going but I'll get off my soapbox now. I hope I didn't offend anyone.



The Gospel of Jesus Christ is real! Jesus Christ lives. God lives. Truth is still truth whether or not you choose to believe it. But this life is our probationary state and we must figure it out. I know that he lives and that He loves us and is not waiting to punish us. He is waiting to bless us. And He does everything He can to do that. It really is up to us to apply his atonement in our lives. I love the Gospel. I love this work. It is the Lord’s work. I love you all!



Love,

Elder Sherwood



No comments:

Post a Comment