Thursday, December 19, 2013

1 Nephi 6: 4-5


 1 Nephi 6: 4-5  For the fulness of mine intent is that I may apersuade men to bcome unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved.
 Wherefore, the things which are apleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God and unto those who are not of the world.

Good Morning!

So Saturday night we were driving back from a lesson with a kid from the ward. He's about to leave on his mission to Kobe Japan. We are almost home and I get a call on our phone from the Assistants. On transfer call night that’s either awesome or a terrible. If you are loving your area, companion and district and you feel like you could stay in the same place the rest of your mission, it's terrible. I answered the phone and Elder Robinson told me that I am being transferred to Springdale Arkansas to be a Zone Leader for the Springdale Zone, with Elder Stapley.

I am excited to be a zone leader and to go back to Arkansas because I love it there, but I am sad to be leaving Owasso. This area has been so much fun. Of course with the Lord's blessing, my companions and I have built this area so much. The work is going so well now! I am super bummed to be leaving but I guess I'm needed elsewhere.

So the next couple of days are going to be crazy. Packing and visiting people, saying goodbye's. It will be an emotional time haha. That’s okay though, that’s just the way it goes when you are a missionary.

We started teaching XXXX his new member lessons! And his dad is joining in now and accepted a baptismal invitation last night! He said that a month ago if someone told him that he would be sitting around a kitchen table with us talking about this stuff he would have thought they were crazy! But the answers to prayers and miracles that he has seen lately have really humbled him and he is ready to listen to this message.

One thing that I have really learned on my mission is how prevalent the Lord’s hand is in our lives. How much he wants to be there with us and how often we get in the way! If we would just humble ourselves, ask, seek, and knock, he will be there to help us and guide us. Miracles still happen. We just have to open our eyes to see them. I love serving the Lord. I love being a missionary. This is the Lord's work. This is his Gospel. I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment