Monday, May 13, 2013

Judges 13 - 15


We read the story of Samson this morning in companion study. You gotta shake things up sometimes haha.

It was so awesome to talk to you all yesterday! It is so crazy actually seeing you and talking to you guys. I hate it because afterwards I'm always like, oh I should have told them this! Or asked this! But it's ok. That’s why we have email haha.

When we talk I hope you guys can see how much I've changed. I know my personality hasn't changed much and I don't have the "accent,” but I've have changed and grown so much! And I hope you can see that. It was so good talking to you all, it looks like you are all happy and doing well :)

The work here in Bentonville is finally picking up. We are getting appointments and new investigators and making some real progress. I'm glad you got to meet Elder KXXXXX. He is such a funny guy. SO enthusiastic and hard working. It's been really awesome for me to feed off of his energy. And because I'm training him, I'm getting a good refresher course on all the basics, which is really helpful. We really feel good about everything. We are only getting started. We are ready to work harder and harder.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've been blessed with to be a missionary. I can't believe the change it has brought in my perspective. Now I really understand the importance of the gospel. I really don't understand how anyone can go through this life without it. It adds so much happiness and peace to my life. I know that the gospel brings happiness. I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. And it can help us through this life. I love you guys so much!

Elder Sherwood also shared this part of an e-mail he received from his Mission President…

"Elder Sherwood...you are a steely eyed monster missionary! WAY TO GO."
 -President SXXXXX

Elder Sherwood, Mother's Day call :)


We talked/Skyped with Elder Sherwood on Mother’s Day.  It was so good to see his face and talk to him!  He looks and sounds amazing.  He is really loving his mission.  He loves to work hard and if you can believe it one of his favorite things is knocking on stranger's doors and talking to them!  If you know Elder Sherwood well then you are just as surprised to hear that as we were!

We are so grateful for this opportunity in his life.  Yes, we miss him but wouldn’t want him to be anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment