Monday, April 29, 2013

Hebrews 4:5


April 22, 2013

Hey family! :)

This week was pretty sweet. Elder KXXXX is so awesome. He's already such a good missionary. It's so funny because he's always so impressed by gospel knowledge I have. I don't think I know that much about the gospel. I really don't. I just know how to talk to strangers about it. That’s what being a missionary is all about. Talking with people. Trying to leave them better off than you found them. And the best way to do that is through talking about the gospel. I love this area of the country. I never thought I would fall in love with Missouri and Arkansas. The people here a so awesome.

This week we had a couple funny interactions. On Wednesday we knocked on the door of a Jehovah's Witness. That’s always an interesting conversation. You have to be careful because it can get pretty heated, pretty quick. Then the next day we knocked on another Witnesses door. Same deal. All you can do in that situation is be friendly and bear testimony. They aren't receptive to anything. Which makes me sad. Elder KXXXXX did really well. He held is own haha.

I guess this area has been getting like around 8 or 9 lessons a week on average. This week we got 16. We tracted so much. My companion loves tracting. It's so awesome! I love it too. It's so fun just getting to talk with people. I love learning about the lives of others and doing my best to share what I know with them.

This weekend we have an investigator named XXXXX getting baptized. The Elders here before us taught him and invited him to be baptized and set a date with him. So all we did was come in, finish teaching him, and set up the baptism. He's such a cool guy. He grey up pretty much atheist but as soon as the missionaries taught him about the gospel and he tried living it, he became so much happier. Last week he bore is testimony in sacrament meeting. It was so sweet. He's such a good kid and he will be such a great member. He's already wanting to go on exchanges with the missionaries haha!

Our investigator pool is pretty thin right now. We are doing our best to find more and teach as much as we can! I know now more than ever that this gospel brings so much happiness to the lives of those who choose to live it faithfully. I know that we have a Father in Heaven who actually knows us! Who actually cares about us! Who really loves us! I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, Brother, and Friend. I love being a missionary. And I love you guys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment