Thursday, March 21, 2013

1 Corinthians 1:27


1 Corinthians 1:27   But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.


We didn’t hear form Elder Sherwood on Monday and asked if it was due to bad weather, his response…hey! Sorry I couldn't email yesterday! We had a Zone meeting for some
reason on our preparation day. So we are taking our preparation day
today! No storm related problems here, haha.

Good Morning!

Yes, I got the cinnamon bread! Thank you so much! I missed that stuff.
Haha I don't really have any ideas for the easter bunny. Ties are
always needed :) other than that, I trust his judgement.

Alex: Your letter was awesome! It is crazy to think you will be on AWE
in a year! I'm sad I won't be there for send off and run in. But
you're right, my letter and Taylor's letter should be waiting for you
:)

Earlier this week, I was feeling very discouraged. The pressure of
missionary work is very heavy. I've never had so much responsibility
placed on my shoulders. Sometimes I really can't believe the things I
am able to do. The past two weeks have been awesome. When I got to
this area we were teaching 4 or 5 lessons a week. And now we teach at least 15
every week. It’s been so awesome to see the work here grow. The Lord is
hastening His work, all we have to do is make ourselves worthy to be
an instrument in His hands.

I've been thinking about experiences to share with you guys, but I
realized that every single day here is a miracle to me. Thinking about
my life before my mission, the type of person I was, and the type of
person I am now. It's easy for me to stand on the doorstep of a
Southern Baptist chaplain and bare testimony of the Book of Mormon. Or
to meet a stranger in a flea market and teach him about the
restoration of the gospel right there. These moments are common in the
life of a missionary. And every single one of them is a miracle if you
think about it. I love being a missionary. There's no greater work in
the world.

I have a perfect record on never leaving a home without something
being read from the Book of Mormon by the way. Consistency and
diligence is crucial.

P.S. Oh ya! I made the spicy grilled chicken last week! It was awesome! Thank you so much for the recipes!!! :) love you mom! Hope your day is going well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment