Monday, October 15, 2012

First e-mail from Elder Sherwood!


Here is our first communication from Elder Sherwood, he sounds very happy!  That makes us happy!  

HI!!!!! It's so good to hear from you!! Everything has been going great. You probably got my letter that I sent on the second day I was here. So I told you about my companion Elder Hatch. He is awesome. So yes, the first day was crazy. I didn't even have time to miss my family! I am really so surprised at how much I have already changed and how much better my experience has been than I thought it would be. My first 3 hour class was amazing. Can you believe I'm saying that? Well, it was and I learned so much. I haven't really figured out yet how to format these emails so please excuse me if it seems a bit scatterbrained. 

My daily schedule consists of waking up at 6:30, not as bad as I thought it would be. Then we shower get dressed and either head over to breakfast or have some personal study time. After breakfast there’s usually some more personal study time followed by class time with my district. My district is awesome. There’s Elder Olsen and Elder Cresswell. Elder Hunsaker and Elder Sudbury, Sister Stanworth and Sister Moe, Sister Talbot and Sister Howell. You spend the majority of the day with your district so we have all gotten to know each other pretty well and that has been a really good experience because, during class it's really important that we all can feel the spirit really strongly, so when we all have that good connection and when we are all comfortable around each other it makes a really good atmosphere for the spirit and learning. So after class we might have some more study time, personal or companionship then we go to lunch. After lunch there's either class or more study time and then dinner. Then our day usually ends with another 3 hour class. 

I am amazed at how much I have grown spiritually since i've been here. My testimony is so much stronger. I have learned that missionary work is about teaching people not lessons. and the most important thing to remember is that you MUST teach with the spirit. You have to love the person you are teaching even before you meet them or teach them. The hardest part is submitting to the will of the Lord and finding out what he would have you teach, instead of what you think you want to teach. I have never felt the spirit stronger than certain times in that classroom. 
I love dads email when he talked about the 4 different types of missionaries. I promise that I am striving to be the fourth missionary, because I know that when you are telling people about your son on a mission, you are telling them about Donald the exceptional missionary, not Donald the average missionary. So far, it has been very very hard, very very humbling and amazing all the same. 

I'm sorry I wish so badly that I could write to everyone but you will all just have to enjoy this email for now. 

I have one request though!! Mom! Can you send me my jeans, and my tan RVCA pants, as well as my tan vans. Thank you. :) 

Well I love you all and I wish I could write more but there’s not much time and there’s too much to say. I like getting written letters too ya know! So SEND THEM!!! I LOVE THEM!
Tell Susan Child thank you so much for the Greenie Box, I have been snackin on that candy for days, and please tell Grandma Burgi thank you so much for the Brownies!! We loved them!! Well I gotta go! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! AND MISS YOU SO MUCH!! 

WRITE MORE LETTERS!!!
BYE!! LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment