Saturday, June 14, 2014

1 Cor 13:11


June 2, 1014

This week was sweet!! On Friday we did some super unconventional missionary work. A few weeks ago we decided to start training for the Bentonville Glow Run. It is a two mile race in downtown Bentonville. So we have been semi training ourselves. Running a couple miles every morning. And this past Friday was the event. A kind sister in our ward sponsored us to run in the race. So we showed up Friday night ready to race, in a white shirt, glow ties, glowing nametags, slacks, and running shoes. It was glorious. We finished the race in pretty good time. We ran it in 15 minutes 19 seconds. Which is pretty good for being as out of shape as we are. We finished in the top 100, out of hundreds of people (8th & 9th in our age group), we speculate that there were about 1000 people running. We got so many funny comments. As we crossed the finish line the announcer said, "Glad we got the Mormons out tonight!"haha. People came up to us asking if we were just dressed up in costumes or if we were the real deal haha! We got a lot of exposure and hopefully caused a few good laughs. And now Bentonville knows that Mormons don't just ride bikes. 

Here is my words of wisdom for Alex for her report on my mission. The end of my mission is rapidly coming to a close. The months are beginning to feel like weeks. The urgency of this work is really pressing on me. My testimony and conviction of the truthfulness of the Gospel message is firm. I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe Jesus Christ. I believe Him when he says he can make us perfect. I love living the Gospel. I am by no means anywhere near perfect, and I still make mistakes every day. But I'm grateful for Jesus Christ and His atonement. I know that he loves us. I know that we have a Father in Heaven that loves us. That knows us. That wants to help us. I feel and see His hand in my life and in the lives of the people that I teach. Jesus Christ and His grace have the power to transform a life. I'm so grateful for this opportunity I've had to serve the people in the Oklahoma Tulsa Mission. And I love all of you! 

Love,
Elder Sherwood
Race Face
Warm up ??
The crowd
The finish line

No comments:

Post a Comment