Monday, March 10, 2014

Phillipians 4:13 & D & C 88:73


A little explanation before the e-mail:

Elder Sherwood’s zone had a plan…

Elder Stapley & Elder Sherwood rolled out this plan for their zone:
Millenial Mountain
Equation: 1 lesson per hour x 13 areas = 1001 lessons

“Don’t let the low standards and expectations of the world and others cause you to aim beneath your nobility and ability—dream big! What I know and have learned is that anything worth doing is not easy and that we can do anything that is not easy if we believe.” - Elaine Dalton

Phillipians 4:13   I can do all things through aChrist which bstrengtheneth me.

This week was AWESOME!!!!! I am really excited to tell you all how the week went so here it is! We finished the week with a total of 1,038 lessons taught. We beat the record by 247 lessons! 569 member present lessons! 68 new investigators! (also a new record). This was an amazing week. Miracles happened in everyone's areas. It was so much fun. Our week was full of meetings, we had MLC and a zone training meeting to plan for and stake conference was this weekend. So as zone leaders, we had alot of meetings and planning we had to do, so we didn't get as much time as we would have liked to proselyte, but we spent alot of time talking with the areas and getting them excited to get out there and work. 

One thing that I learned this week is that we perform below our potential way too often. Some of the missionaries in this zone that have been teaching 14 or 15 lessons a week their whole mission, taught 60 or 70 this week! They are realizing their potential. It's so much bigger than what they think it is!! These missionaries pushed themselves harder than they ever have before and they did amazing things. I chose Phillipians 4:13 today because it's true. We really can do anything with the help of the Savior. This week was a huge blessing. All of the prayers and preparation that happened this week is what made it possible. When you do the Lord's work, you are entitled to the Lord's help. And we saw His hand in our lives this week. 

Well transfer calls were on Saturday night. Can you believe it's already been 12 weeks since I arrived here in Springdale. I can't. Obviously Elder Stapley is headed back to AZ. He's really excited. And I'm staying here in Springdale and my new companion's name is Elder Wadsworth. I've only met him once at a Zone Conference a while back but from what I've heard he is an awesome missionary. I'm excited to be here and I'm excited for whatever the Lord has planned for me next. I love this work and I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to be serving the Lord and the people of the Oklahoma Tulsa Mission. I love you all! 

Love,
Elder Sherwood



 (e-mail from March 3rd)
D&C 88:73  Behold, I will ahasten my work in its time.

This past week was great. So much preparation for THIS week. Both Elder Stapley and I have been trying to overcome a nasty cold but we are feeling alot better. On Friday we traveled up to Rolla Missouri where we spent the night with the missionaries there and then on Saturday we continued up to the St. Louis Temple! It was an awesome day! There are no temples in our mission boundaries and of course if any missionary wants to leave the mission boundaries they have to get permission from President Shumway. So we had permission to go to the temple with a recent convert of Elder Stapley's that he taught in Rolla last year. She was going through the temple for her endowments and we were able to go!! It was so awesome. SOOOO much driving though. St Louis is really far away from Springdale Arkansas, haha. It was an amazing day. We were in the temple almost all day, from 8 am to around 3 pm. It was so nice to be in the temple after not getting the chance to be in one for the past 15 months! 

Anyways, we are going through a nasty snow/ice storm right now. These storms are the worst out here because they always start with freezing rain first, so you get this nice layer of ice on the ground, then that rain turns in to snow after a while. So you get a few inches of snow on top of an inch of ice and that makes everything really fun. Driving a car is like driving a huge sled. And walking is more like ice skating. It's great. 

Today is the first day that our zone is executing our equation.

1lesson/hour x 11 hours x 7 days x 13 areas = X    ;)

Our zone is so excited!!! I chose the scripture in the subject line because the Lord is really hastening his work. And if you aren't hopp’in on this train or as our mission president calls it, this "rocket ride", then you are really missing out! I love doing this work! I love the Gospel, I love teaching people about the gospel and about Jesus Christ. Pray for this zone! We need all the strength we can get! :) 

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment