Saturday, February 1, 2014

Moroni 7:16


Moroni 7:16 For behold, the aSpirit of Christ is given to every bman, that he may cknow good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.


Good Morning! This week was great! We had two exchanges this week. On Tuesday I was working here in my area with Elder Wilson. And then on Friday I was in Fayetteville working with Elder Coon. I love being a zone leader and getting the opportunity to work with a lot of the missionaries in the zone. It really helps me become a better leader and teacher. It's so fun! On Wednesday we did something really fun! We went to Tahlequah Oklahoma. There is a college there called Northeastern State University. The Sister missionaries serving in Tahlequah set up a table with pamphlets, pass along cards, and other information for our church in one of the main buildings there on campus. We spent the day just talking to a ton of college students! It was awesome! They were all super friendly and open to talking with us. I never thought I would be one to love approaching strangers and talking to them about the gospel haha! But it was so fun! I'll send some pictures. 

That brings up an interesting point. This generation is so awesome. For the most part they have open minds that are willing to listen to new ideas. They aren't so set in their ways. I think a lot of the problems in the world come from the pride of man. And this generation can change that. 

We got transfer calls on Saturday night. Both Elder Stapley and I will be staying here in Springdale for another six weeks! This is Elder Stapley's last transfer! He goes home in six weeks! But he wants to sprint through the finish line and I'm excited to be with him. We are doing good work. There is a lot going on here in Springdale. XXXX has a baptismal date for February 15th and we have a couple other really promising families that are progressing really well. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a servant of the Lord. I love this message. It really is a message of peace. I love to watch it change lives. I know that Jesus Christ loves us and is mindful of each of us. I know that there is peace and joy that can be found in living a Christlike life. I love serving the Lord and I love you all! 

Love,
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment