Saturday, February 15, 2014

Alma 32:21 & Deuteronomy 31:6


2/10/14    Alma 32:21  ~ And now as I said concerning faith—afaith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye bhope for things which are cnot seen, which are true.


This week was awesome! We are busily trying to prepare for our Zone Training Meeting on Wednesday. We have been working on making an agenda and coordinating all the training that will be happening with all the missionaries in the zone that are participating. It will be a really good meeting. President Shumway will be there for interviews and to do some instruction and training for all of us. It will be awesome! 

Elder Stapley has less than 5 weeks left now on his mission. It's crazy! He is doing great though. Still working hard and doing his best. Our zone is doing really,  really well right now. Our key indicators are getting better every week. Our zone finds the most new investigators out of all the other zones in our mission almost every week. It's awesome and we have a lot of progressing investigators. Our missionaries are doing such a great job. It’s so fun being a zone leader! 

We had MLC on Monday and Tuesday which I updated you about last Wednesday when I emailed. That was great. We worked hard this week and taught a lot of really good lessons! The XXXXs are doing good. The Dad and kids want to take a little bit of a break because it's all pretty overwhelming for them right now. They have never had any religion or faith in their life until now so it's hard for them to make this big change in their life. But Sister XXXX is doing really, really well! She is really sincere. We were talking with her today and she was telling us how much of a change she feels in her life. She feels happier and closer to God. I love doing this because over and over again I get to see the gospel of Jesus Christ change people's lives. I get to see their countenance change. I witness more light come into their life. I'm not surprised anymore when this happens. I just know that it's only a matter of time for everyone who sincerely investigates and ponders the message that we share. The message of the restoration of the gospel is true. I love this work so much and I love all of you! 

(Elder Sherwood added this in another e-mail) I wish you guys could see or be in a lesson with me. You would be shocked, haha. It's just crazy to think back about how little I really knew before my mission.  And now I know so much more! And I'm able to form cohesive thoughts.  Not just to say words, but thoughts that help people! Through real challenges! I'm 20 years old!! I don't know how to help people who have recently lost a loved one, or someone who wants to commit suicide, or someone who has experienced physical abuse or a divorce or bullying, or smoking! But I do! And I have! Those are all real problems that I have helped people overcome on my mission. There's no way this work ISN'T the Lords work. There is just no way. 

Love,
Elder Sherwood


2/5/14   Deuteronomy 31:6 ~ Be strong and of a good acourage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the bLord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not cfail thee, nor dforsake thee.

Good Morning! This week was a great! The weather here is really bad right now. It's been snowing off and on for the past few days. It's cold and icy and awesome. I love weather like this haha! We can't really drive anywhere far but we can walk! haha. MLC was awesome. President Shumway made a sad announcement however. That was the last MLC in the mission home in Tulsa. From now on MLC will just be in Springdale or Rogers and it will just be one day from 10 - 4. No more traveling to Tulsa, or spending the night in the mission home. It’s such a bummer! But it will be ok. 

This MLC was all about improving our teaching skills. After all, that is our whole purpose here. To teach people! And to invite them to come unto Christ! We talked a lot about the Holy Ghost and his role and purpose in our lives. I think sometimes the role of the Holy Ghost is overlooked. We take that gift for granted. I know I do sometimes. We need to recognize the promptings that he gives us and we need to follow them! That is how God works in our lives. He uses the Comforter. The Holy Spirit. He is real! I don't know how to explain it. In the words of one of the general authorities that I can't remember right now, it's like trying to explain what salt tastes like to someone who has never tasted it! It's almost impossible! You just have to taste it! The Holy Ghost is the same way. We just have to seek after his guidance and presence in our life. Jesus Christ promised his disciples the Holy Ghost, he told them "he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance.” I know this is the truth. Because I have experienced it!

The work here in Springdale is going great! We are teaching a lot and we keep finding more people to teach. It's awesome. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to be here serving a mission. I love serving the people here in The Oklahoma Tulsa Mission! I love serving the Lord. And I love all of you! 

Love,
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment