Saturday, November 9, 2013

Romans 8:6


 Romans 8:6   For to be acarnally minded is bdeath; but to be cspiritually minded is life and dpeace.

Good Morning!

This week was a pretty good week again! Our indicators weren't as awesome as they have been the past couple weeks but they were still good! We found out about transfers on Saturday night! Elder Welburn is headed off to Monett, Missouri! And I'm staying here and getting Elder Bailey! I have no idea who he is, and everyone I talk to has no idea who he is. I'm excited to see how it all goes. I'm happy to be staying here in Owasso. Awesome things are happening right now. We have a couple baptisms coming up this month hopefully!


Earlier this week I went on exchange with the Mingo Valley elders. Our zone leaders. I was in Tulsa with Elder Rupp. It was a good exchange! Their ward mission leader is Josh Johnson's brother! Josh Johnson of the Toronto Blue Jays! That was pretty cool I thought.

This Sunday we had stake conference here in the Tulsa East Stake. It was an amazing meeting. The Stake Presidency was being reorganized! That means that President Johnson, the stake president that we are living with, is not the stake president anymore! So it is a huge change for their family. I am so appreciative of the way our church functions. We have several men that are in charge of the spiritual wellbeing of a thousand members of the church. A job that is by no means part time. Perhaps more full time than any job because they carry that mantle with them at all times. Then to see how quickly and seamlessly that position can be transferred to another member. No campaigns, no politics, no drama. Just the Lord's hand moving powerfully and swiftly. This is a gospel of service. Devotion to the Lord and the others in all things, at all times, and in all places.

I have seen on my mission, the Lord mend broken people. Heal spiritual wounds. I have seen these things happen to people around me as well as to myself. The Savior can have so much influence in our life if we will just let Him! We have an investigator named XXXX. We were in a lesson with him and a member that we brought with us. The member was describing to XXXX what it feels like to feel the Holy Ghost, the Comforter. The Testifier of truth. He described the calm, the peace, the burning in the bosom that comes when He speaks truth to our heart. XXXX said that he had felt that as he read the Book of Mormon. He said "That’s why I couldn't put it down." The Book of Mormon has so much power. We can come closer to the Savior through the people and principles that it contains. I know that this gospel is the Gospel of Jesus Christ restored to the earth in it's fullness. It must be! It is the evidence of God's love for His children, us. I love it so much. And I love sharing it with others!
I love you all!

Love,
Elder Sherwood 



No comments:

Post a Comment