Monday, November 19, 2012

A Week in the Life of a Missionary


Hi!

How is everyone doing!! This week went by so fast. SO FAST.

Can you believe I've already been out for over a MONTH! I can't believe it. Only 23 months left! So sad.

Well you all asked a lot of questions this time and I thought that I should answer them.

How's eating going?
Fantastic. I'm so good at grocery shopping. You would be so proud mom. I get lots of fruit, bread, eggs, ya know healthy stuff. I actually think I'm losing weight.

Do you eat at members houses?
Yep. Almost every single night. Its awesome because I love being with the members and there's a TON of awesome little kids in the ward. Being a coach has given me a soft spot in my heart for kids where I think most people just get annoyed haha. Anyways, yes we eat at member’s houses a lot, which is good.
Is there anything you need?
PUMPKIN BREAD! I'm craving it.
How's riding your bike?
Since we are living literally on a farm miles from town and other houses we don't ride bikes here. It's just too impractical. So sadly I haven't had a chance to ride my beloved bicycle :(   (we thought he was on his bike in this area!)

Where do you go to check/send e-mails?
We go to the local library.  I'm typing on a dinosaur right now.

What are your plans for thanksgiving?
We are going to Sister XXXXXX for thanksgiving breakfast. She's a member, and she makes suuuuch good food. Then we are eating dinner with the XXXXX family. Then Friday we are eating Thanksgiving dinner with the XXXX family, all 6,000 of them, then a couple hours later we are eating again with the Ward Mission leader's family. Then Saturday we have ANOTHER Thanksgiving dinner with one of our Investigators and his family. 4 dinners. So. Stoked.

#thisisstockton:
you know those signs that have a picture of  bicycle and say share the road?
Here, it's a picture of a horse and buggy. #Amish

Scriptures:  (I've added the text of the scriptures Elder Sherwood mentions because I know some of you may not have access. They can also be found on lds.org)
Mormon 9: 20-21
 20 And the reason why he ceaseth to do amiracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should btrust.
 21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, awhatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this bpromise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.

Ether 6:3
And thus the Lord caused stones to shine in darkness, to give light unto men, women, and children, that they might not cross the great waters in darkness.

 - i love this one because I was about to teach a lesson on the Holy Ghost one evening, and in my morning personal study I was reading the Book of Mormon and I came across this scripture. Read this scripture and ponder how the Holy Ghost is one of our most precious gifts in this life.

Experience:
We went on exchanges again this week. I was down in XXXXX, MO for a day with one of our Zone Leaders, Elder XXXX. He is a really really nice guy. He's got the best Spirit about him. Super helpful. We went to teach this woman who is investigating the Church. We were planning on teaching her the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost). When we got there she started telling us about her week… It was a sad and painful story to hear about her experience and the pain she had been going through. The lesson was amazing. The Spirit guided the lesson to fit her needs perfectly…she told us that us coming and teaching her had brought light back in to her life. It was so cool.

The Gospel is so amazing. It brings people from the dark to the light. From pain and sorrow to joy and happiness. I keep seeing it over and over again in my life. I love being a servant in this great cause.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment